Tuesday, October 14, 2008

You know when you date someone long enough, the question that you get asked as a singleton is 'when are you getting married?' Then after you get married, the very next question people asked is 'so when are you the 2 of you going to have kids?'

When we got married, B and I wanted to have kids almost immediately. Then we moved to Japan and enjoyed our life almost too tremendously.. seeking the slopes and indulging in snow-boarding every other week. We decided to seek the fast-paced life and put babies on hold then.

Now, friends around us are starting to pop babies and with my biological clock fast clicking away, I can't help but feel a little stressed at times. I have friends who are parents. Some have just stayed at home and devoted their lives to looking after their little tots. I often wonder if I can do that. I applaud them just looking after their babies 24/7. Some have even given up any shred of personal time and given their child the unconditional attention all day long. I often wonder whether I can do that, just give everything up. A havoc friend of mine replied 'Hey, if I can do it, you can too!' Then there are the friends who have become (in my opinion) the coolest parents I have seen. They can manage both a career as well as a family (with some help- naturally).

Then there are times that I wonder how B and I will fare as parents. It's difficult to be one and I think its going to be a lifelong affair.. Dunno what got me writing this post, I guess I just been doing some thinking about 'Parenting' in general.. not me being a parent right now.. but just the topic in general.

No comments: