Saturday, October 18, 2008

I could have been in Paris today...

Sigh..today would be the day that I would have been in Paris taking in the French sites and sounds, indulging in all that sinful shopping, French cusine and lovely wine. (BIG) SIGH!


Anyways, coming back to reality! This came in early Friday morning to cheer me up! :) No guesses who it would come from.. Mister B of course!!! He is actually very sweet. After 'enlightening' me on why I shouldn't be whining over something really, really small and despite me giving him a little 'attitude', he still hung in there and sent this sweet floral blooms to cheer me up. I finally straightened out my thinking of course with encouragement from B and friends.


Also, in celebration of my 'Happy Friday', I dragged Princess Min -who probably is the only friend with a flexi working schedule - down to Mortons for some good ol' Martinis!! Actually, its those steak sandwiches that we are eyeing more so than the martinis.. haha! Mortons, famed for its steak sandwiches as well as surprisingly low-priced Martinis, is a must-go when you are feeling stressed up at work! Nothing alcohol can't fix is what you need for a quick perk-me-up! :) I would strongly advise that you go there at 5pm sharp. It gets really crowded thereafter and you maybe turned away if they do not have enough standing area to accomodate you.


After having two and a half martinis, we decided to call it a night at 7pm, we headed off for dinner at Space by Humble House at Esplanade Mall. Space is really the more affordable alternative to Humble House. It boasts a modest menu with great 1-dish meals for patrons on the go. I especially liked the claypot rice ($12)! It's a simple dish, no great ingredients to shout about, but I really love the broth for its comfort food for the soul. Princess Min ordered the seafood laksa ($12). I must say the laksa is great value for money. It's got oysters, prawns and scallops. No doubt, its more expensive than your local hawker fare, but hey, you are not going to be short-changed with the amount of seafood they have given you as well.

And guess what is the best part? Space is now having a promo with American Express credit cards! Buy 1-get-1 free deal! :) With such a deal like this, how can we not be happy?? Moreover, its now the time to tighten our belts so suss out those great deals and be sure to utilise them to the fullest!

Today, I just spent the afternoon with cousin, helping out at a birthday party organised by one of her friends. My task? Being a balloon sculptor! Haha, I just learnt some tricks and my reportoire is still very limited. So far, I can only make sword, field mouse, sausage dog and poodle. Today, I learnt how to make a rabbit and girraffe. But my fave is still the field mouse! Business wasn't that brisk as the children were more interested in screaming in the swimming pool then playing games. Hahaha... kids!


No comments: